Friday 11 September 2015

Some More Shorebirds

Sept 10 2015 Boundary Bay, Delta BC. Sunny


Sanderlings and Western Sandpipers roost on the rising tide.

Sanderling

Sanderling



Western Sandpiper
Before I made my way out to photograph the flood tide I made sure my camera and lens was calibrated. I used the Nikon D300s and the 500mm F4 with a 1x4 converter. As you can see these shots are sharper than the previous blog with just a moderate amount of sharpening.
I found out later that I had missed the Hudsonian Godwit and the White-fronted Geese which tells me I should have waited for the ebb tide when the Black-bellied Plovers returned.

Beside the birds, it was good to meet up with a number of birders I hadn't seen for months so that was good and as is the case with birding there is always another day.


"It's never late to start birding"
John Gordon
Langley /Cloverdale
BC Canada


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous work John nice time to be out at the bay hope to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete