Friday 3 April 2015

British Columbia Field Ornithologists/ Nikon P900

April 3/15 

I have been a member for a couple of years now and both years I have been or going on road trips during their annual conventions but I promise to attend in 2016.
Meanwhile for those of you who are not aware of all their good works and the amazing birders who make it run all smoothly here is a link.
                                                                   http://bcfo.ca

The image below was taken with the new Nikon P900 Bridge camera. It has a 24-2000 zoom lens and although not as fast to focus as a DSLR it would be ideal for the casual birder/photographer who wants to ID birds from long distances or even produce shots like this. I will post a longer review later. At $700 I think it is good value, lightweight and great fun to use.




Palm Warbler( Dendroica palmarum)


John Gordon
Langley/Cloverdale
BC Canada


"It's never too late to start birding"









No comments:

Post a Comment